Passion. Creativity. Photography. Music. Fire. Blood. Dreams. Life.

A Photographic Blog by Aimée Claire.

Sunday 12 September 2010

Where I end and you begin.

I have a love/hate relationship with being nocturnal.

There are times I wish to change my sleeping patterns, as I often miss out on most of the morning, and sometimes when I’m awake too long at night I get depressed or lonely... and when I manage to get myself a job (and obviously for my new university course) I’m going to need to be awake at normal human hours...

But sometimes I just don’t want to give it up.

There’s something amazing about night. It’s almost 3am and I was just sat on my window ledge by my open window... and I adore this time. It’s so silent, there’s just an odd almost rumbling in the background which you’re never sure whether is the sound of distant trains or traffic far away, or the sounds of the earth moving. The air is so crisp and refreshing and everything looks incredibly beautiful. I feel like I can breathe more clearly at night... my thoughts are more vivid, my creativity is awake and I feel more alive. I feel so connected and disconnected from the earth at the same time... which is a hard thing to describe. No one is awake but right now, I am not lonely. I feel connected in a spiritual way which is... well, too hard to explain. Maybe the beauty of the earth just astounds me. At this hour I feel I can do anything.

And I just don’t want to give that up.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post. I often find myself in the same situation. There is something inherently beautiful about the nocturnal landscape. Everything seems to be in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    Indeed, everything being in focus is a good way to describe it!

    ReplyDelete