Passion. Creativity. Photography. Music. Fire. Blood. Dreams. Life.

A Photographic Blog by Aimée Claire.

Sunday 4 July 2010

Surround me as the rush comes.

The head space I'm in when I'm awake all night; the extremes of being awake at an hour when the world is asleep. The loneliness and the creativity that pumps through my veins. The extremes of an hour when there is only myself, my body and my thoughts. I don't want to sleep and I don't want to be awake, I want to surrender. I come alive at night.



I've always been one of those completely nocturnal people; from as far back as I remember really. I have a love/hate relationship with it... sometimes I get lonely being awake when no one else is, and I find the world isolating. Sometimes I adore it, I feel at peace with myself, my thoughts become let loose and I find a freedom in the silent world. I have always felt more creative at night, so it's when most of my writing or photography gets done.

This year I've thought myself very lucky, because I have found friends who are also completely nocturnal, and lived near me (hurray for Chatham being so small hehe)! When we all couldn't sleep we'd set off to the park at 2am... and it sounds childish but it's so much fun in a park at night! There's also just a certain peacefulness being on top of a hill at that hour and watching the clouds. The rest of the world seems so far away! I've found people get into deeper discussions in the dark, there's almost a certain air of honesty and people letting their guard down. You also tend to get freezing and when you finally return home, it takes a good half an hour to warm back up again!

This past week I've had to move away from Chatham, and as crazy as it is because for ages I couldn't wait to leave, I felt really sad leaving. The photograph above was taken in my bedroom there, on one of the nights before I realised my beautiful friends were nocturnal too. I love that room and it holds so many memories, most of which are at night (or in the mornings after parties when everyone got into my bed haha)! I will of course be visiting my friends who have more of their degrees left, but it'll never be quite the same as living there!

I will always like being a night owl, even if sometimes I complain about it. I get to watch the foxes out of windows at night, and this makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment